Friday 9 July 2010

Goodbye Cochabamba!

Today I say bye to Cochabamba for the next two weeks as I start my travels with some other volunteers. I've packed hardly anything... just some hippy pants, my vests and a llama jumper. I bet you're all looking forward to the photos. I've also packed hair serum and nail polish... Priorities!

I'm off to La Paz, Copacobana and Lake Titicaca, Oruro, Salar de Uyuni, Potosí, Sucre, Samaipata and Santa Cruz (basically a massive circuit of Bolivia) before coming back here to get my flight home. Shall update and put photos up when I can.

Finished my medical placement on Wednesday night / Thursday morning. Yes... night shift! Celeste and I went to another health centre in Sacaba where we saw loads. We also got to give shots and suture to which was really cool. Here's me giving anaesthetic. You could feel his skull through the wound. Noicccce!

My host mum is also giving me a little party to say bye. I love her :)


See y'all soon!


A x

2 comments:

  1. You survived the road of death and he survived you sticking a ruddy great needle in his head! My god , what did his poor mother think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were they Tequila or Sambuca shots?

    either way... Anaesthetic baby!

    Hey, like, See Y'all too.

    ReplyDelete